We host and arrange an annual high level plenary event with the participation of senior representatives of the EU institutions such as the European Commissioner for Justice, the Commission’s Director General for Justice and the Chair of the European Parliament’s Legal Affairs Committee. For more information click here.
We arrange 3-4 member meetings a year to build relationships, discuss major topics, plan and agree activities. Relevant policy updates or briefing notes may be prepared in advance of such meetings.
We organise 3-4 discussion meetings with EU officials (to coincide with the member meetings) to discuss a specific topic relevant for the EU justice sector. Meetings are subject to the Chatham House Rule to ensure an open and useful discussion.
Examples of topics addressed by the EJSF:
- Access to effective justice for EU citizens and business
- Brexit: impact on free movement of UK/EU citizens from a lawyers’ perspective
- Impact of digitalisation & technology on the legal sector
- UNGPs on business & human rights for EU lawyers, citizens and business
- Migration and the rule of law
- The role of international courts in decision making